Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Happy Mommy

I am the worst sleeper int he world. My family and my close friends know that I have learned how to function running on fumes. I typically get about four to six hours of sleep on any given night. That was before I had a baby. Now I get at least six to eight. I am a very light sleeper. I am that mom that wakes up when my boys turn the handle on their door at two in the morning. They don't even have to open the door and I am up and out of bed to see what's going on! I get the bad sleeping habits from my Dad and the lightness of sleep from my mom. I think my mom woke up when we put our foot on the ground in our room. That is an extreme exaggeration I know but it always seemed that way to me growing up. Anyway, tonight I will not be waking up at every twitch DaraLynn makes because tonight she is in her own room, in her own crib. I am very excited about this. I know some of you moms out there are sad for my daughter since I am excited. I know some of you are probably asking yourselves, how can this make her happy? It just does. I don't like my children sleeping in my room. So as of tonight I have no children sleeping in my room so I am looking forward to a good night rest. By the way we moved DaraLynn to her own room because she's been sleeping eight to ten hours at night for about three weeks now. She was ready. The only part that makes me sad is seeing such a little bundle in such a big bed.

So cute!!

Yesterday was DaraLynn's two month check up. Dr.Morrow was very pleased with DaraLynn's progress. She was 12 pounds and 2 ounces (she was born 7 pounds 5 ounces) and was 24 inches long (she was born 21 inches long). She has shown great progress. I can't believe how fast the last two months has gone by. It amazes me how we can't wait to have our babies arrive, how pregnancies seem to just drag bay so slow, then once they do arrive we look back and can't figure out where the time has gone.

Well for those of you out there that enjoy my Conner stories I have another. I think some day I could write a book with all the funny and crazy things Conner says. We went to Chick-Fil-A today for lunch. When we got home Conner was carrying his chocolate milk into the house and our conversation went something like this:

Conner: Where does chocolate milk come from?
Me: A cow!
Conner: A chocolate cow?
Me: No, just a regular cow? Chocolate milk is just white milk with chocolate syrup added to it!
Conner: Oh, why isn't there chocolate cows for chocolate milk and white cows for white milk?
Me: That's just not how God made it work!
Conner: Why?
Me: I don't know you will have to ask God someday when you get to heaven!
He then changed the subject and moved on to the next subject full of questions. It amazes me how quickly kids can change their thought process and attention. And men thought girls could change the subject fast! These men haven't been around my almost five year old boy. He can change subjects faster then any one I know and they always start with a question and end with a question.

Until next time,
Ape

5 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad April. Amanda slept in our room exactly one night and then it was off to her own room. I slept soooo much better without hearing every little snuffle and snort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just the opposite...I have literally slept through a hurricane before! It sounds like your baby is ready, though! Good luck with the changes...and enjoy your sleep!

    Carla @ Whole Child Creative Curriculum

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on putting them in there own room. When a baby is sleeping that long at night its time, to get back to getting more sleep for the Mommy!! ;-) I wish Renae had her our room, she will be sharing with her sister. So, because they are sharing a room, I do not want to put Renae in with her and have Sierra waking up at 7:30 in the morning like Renae does. :-) Love and miss you! Becca

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, I can't really tell you how my did have done it :) But its funny because Anthony (sara's 1 1/2 yr old) stayed saturday night with me... in my bed and I woke up several times; once it was to little feet in my face :)
    April, it is always fun to read about your little family :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! I really should proof read my comments before I submit them! :) I meant to say that I can't really tell you all how my kids have done it... :)
    Anna

    ReplyDelete