Thursday, October 6, 2011

What's For Dinner?

Well if your anything like me this question use to get asked at about four thirty in the afternoon. Since having DaraLynn I have tried to be more organized in this area by thinking about what's for dinner in the morning or talking to Shawn about it the night before. Last night I decided to try a new recipe. I thought it was soooooo good. I got this recipe from myrecipes.com. It was called Pork Chops Stuffed With Feta and Spinach. Here is what it looked like after I cooked it:



It was really good but there are a few things I learned that I need to tweak next time. Next time I won't put it so close to the broiler so that I don't burn the filling that comes out of the slit in the pork chop. Also I will cook it a little longer then they call for. Here is the recipe:

Pork Chops Stuffed With Feta and Spinach

ingredients:

Cooking spray
4 garlic cloves, minced and divided
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon pepper
5 sun dried tomatoes, packed without oil, diced
1 (10 ounce) bag frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
3 Tablespoons cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
4 boneless pork chops, trimmed
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano

Heat large non stick skillet over medium high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray and add 2 garlic cloves, saute one minute and add 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, tomatoes, and spinach; saute until moisture evaporates. Remove from heat, stir in cheeses and rind.

Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of port chop to form a pocket. Stuff about 1/4 cup of spinach mixture. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper over pork. Coat the rack of a broiler pan or roasting pan with cooking spray and place stuffed pork on rack. Combine remaining two garlic cloves, lemon juice, mustard, and oregano in a bowl, stir well. Brush half of that mixture on pork and broil for 6 minutes. Turn the pork over and brush remaining lemon juice mixture over pork and broil for 2 minutes.

Anyway we really enjoyed this. If you make it let me know how you all liked it.
Ape

1 comment:

  1. Sounds AND looks REALLY good. Maybe I'll get to try it some day. :)

    ReplyDelete