Before I had DaraLynn I started working on a learning book for Ethan. I was hoping to get it done before I had DaraLynn so I could take it to the hospital with me since DaraLynn and Ethan have the same birthday. I figured I would give it to Ethan when they camp to the hospital. I didn't end up getting it finished until today. This morning we went to Lois' house to drop of our kids while Shawn and I went to the dentist. I was trying to very quickly finish it at the last minute. I stuffed it into a birthday bag right before we walked into the house. This book was a 2 am brainstorm. It was a fun project but it was a lot of work and I am not sure I will make another one. Maybe I will make one for my niece in a few years when she starts school. Well will just have to see. This was all made by hand. Here are some pictures. Sorry they aren't that great I forgot to take pictures until we got to Lois' house and then I just used her iphone.

This is the front. It says Hudson Quiet Book!

This is when you open the book. He can use the letters on the inside to spell the words.

This is what's on the inside when you open it again. It was fun but like I said a ton of work. If I do it again I will know how to do it better and in a smarter way. I did this one a little backwards.
Ape
What a wonderful labor of love. I have done things/projects at times and then said - wow, that's over and its not happening again. Hope you do one more for your niece.
ReplyDeleteHehe, your niece would love it! :)- Looks like it would be a fun book!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you got it done. Pictures don't do it justice. Looks better in person. Good job!
ReplyDelete