I know I have already posted today but I have had this idea in the back of my head for the last four years or so. I keep thinking about it and then pushing it away and it keeps coming back. This is not something I am necessarily going to do right now or soon but it keeps recurring in my brain so I am going to put it out there and see what people think about it.
The idea is to start collecting hand made quilts, blanket, ect..., for children having to have long term hospitalizations! I am not sure how I would go about this. I know there are probably a million little details I would have to sort out but like I said it's something I have been considering doing for a long time. Give me your feedback and tell me what you all think!
Thanks,
Ape
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It is certainly a good idea for those in need, but, I would ask your husband and take it from there. He should help you make any decisions like this. I remember having so many ideas and plans and my sweet husband would bring me back to earth...Your first priority right now (and you said it would not be done right now), is your little family. They are in a critical place in their development and you play such an important role in it. If you can get them all "raised" with a strong love for the Lord, wow, April, that is really important. I am now getting to do some of the things that I dreamed of years ago, but it has taken a long time - and, if I didn't do any of them, I think the most important thing in my life would have been my love for the Lord and my role as a wife and mother.
ReplyDeleteWell, you asked for opinions... hope I didn't blow you away. Just my thoughts.
There are several organizations that do this. there is one that does blankets and quilts, another that does pretty pillow cases, another does dolls and stuffed animals. You might check with your local hospital and ask if they have a program like that. But, above all I second Helen's opinion.
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the input. I totally agree with you, Helen. This is something I am not planning on doing until all are either in school, or much, much older. I was thinking more along the lines of putting out flyers to collect stuff and donate to already existing organizations. Anyway thanks alot fot the input.
ReplyDelete