Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Mama With A Plan

I am a Mama with a plan. A plan that I put into action tonight. Now I have to wait and see if the plan works! Do you want to know what the plan was? Let me tell you all about it and what brought this plan about!

A few days before I had DaraLynn, Conner decided it would be a great idea to go in the closet in DaraLynn's room and pee in the corner. Needless to say I was a little irritated. I mean he is almost five and he has been potty trained for like two years. After I had DaraLynn he did it again in his own room. This has happened a few times since DaraLynn entered our lives. Now I know why he's doing this with the new baby and attention being split between three instead of two but he still gets in trouble every time he pees anywhere but the toilet. I will not coddle him and condone such behavior no matter what the reason. The last time was about two weeks ago. We got home late from a birthday party and found that earlier in the day he had peed in his closet. When we asked him about it he lied to us and that created a whole other problem we had to deal with on top of the peeing issue. After he finally told the truth and was disciplined for the offenses I told him (here is where my plan comes into play) that if he peed any where but the toilet again I was going to make him wear a diaper for the rest of the day!! His response was, "but diapers are for babies and I am a big boy!" I told him that big boys don't pee any where but the toilet and that when he peed in his room he was acting like a baby and that if he was going to act like a baby I was going to treat him like one. Fast forward to this evening. I was getting the boys ready for bed and I reached for a shirt that had fallen on the floor of the closet and it was soaking wet. Upon closer inspection it was also yellow (the shirt was white to pee was very apparent on the garment). I asked him about it. On the plus side he didn't lie to me about it he just came right out and admitted it. He was disciplined for peeing in the closet and then I made him wear a diaper until he went to bed. I also took it one step further and put underwear on Logan over his diaper. Conner was very annoyed that I would let Logan wear his underwear while he had to wear one of Logan's diapers. Logan on the other hand was feeling very excited about the concept of underwear since he loves going potty in the toilet. He is not potty trained yet because he doesn't talk yet but he likes to us the potty a lot. Anyway we will see if this takes care of the problem. I am really hoping it does because Conner's room smells something awful right now and I am so tired of that smell. I borrowed a carpet cleaner so hopefully that will do the trick on the smell.
Ape

2 comments:

  1. What a bummer! Hope he gets over it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!! I sure hope your plan works....
    I have been thinking a lot about you lately and wondering how you are doing. It sounds like you have your hands FULL!! Love you and miss you-Becca

    ReplyDelete